Energy Hiring Up, But Talent Still At A Premium

Energy Hiring Up, But Talent Still At A Premium

A recent Hard Hat Hub study of construction and engineering professionals in the power (transmission and distribution) industry found that companies will ramp up hiring in 2014, but many are having trouble finding talent and filling open positions.

Nearly 70% of the companies reported experiencing growth in the parts of their businesses that relate to the transmission and distribution of power. The remaining 30% said that their firms, while not hiring today, “may be” before year’s end. Ninety percent of respondents reported that 2014 will be a stronger year for hiring than in previous years. And not a single person replied that their firm would not be hiring at all.

“With economic fundamentals improving, and the overall energy landscape evolving, our clients are busy upgrading and maintaining their infrastructure, which means we’re looking for project managers, drilling managers with power experience across the nation,” said Guy Niedorkorn, Vice President at Aldridge Electric, one of the nation’s leading civil and electrical contractors.

CONTINUE READING AT TDWORLD.COM