About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
Information on our facilities is available at www.covanta.com/Our-Facilities. For career opportunities, visit www.covanta.com/Careers . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Boiler Reliability Specialist will be responsible for helping develop and implementing the Boiler inspection and maintenance methods, procedures and practices to minimize pressure part failures and maximize boiler reliability. The Boiler Reliability Specialist will help ensure consistent oversight of pressure part component life through detailed inspection and reporting management, reporting to the Regional Boiler Reliability Engineer and Boiler Reliability Manager.
Pressure part failures are the largest cause of unscheduled downtime in our EfW plants. Effective planning and execution of boiler inspections, proper specification of materials, and oversight of repair and replacement procedures is critical to reducing failures and improving boiler reliability.
The flue gas train which includes the scrubber, baghouse and all connecting ductwork can greatly impact the proper operation of the boiler and environmental compliance if not effectively maintained. Effective coordination of the inspections with the facility and Regional Boiler Reliability Engineer, condition assessment, and communication of best practices is critical to reliability of these components.The Boiler Reliability Specialist position will assist the Regional Boiler Reliability Engineer in the following duties:
- Assist in the development and execution of the outage inspection plan. Ensure adequate and qualified inspection resources are available for all outages. Develop plant personnel and contractor support to perform thorough and complete inspections. (45%)
- Accurately complete Condition Assessment Reports after each major and minor outage. (10%)
- Accurately communicate inspection findings and recommendations during the outages to Facility Management and Maintenance Group. (10%)
- Assist in developing standards to track and maintain historical data on pressure part component life. Provide detailed life cycle analysis by pressure part component and other major boiler component by facility. (<5%)
- Maintain intimate knowledge of facilities availability and issues as it relates to boiler condition. (<5%)
- Communicate with the Boiler Reliability Engineer pressure part requirements. (<5%)
- Review of all major pressure part replacement scopes and pressure part design modifications with the Regional Boiler Reliability Engineer. (5%)
- Support Scrubber vessel inspection with the Regional Boiler Reliability Engineer as required by technical standards. Develop condition assessment reports based on NDE and visual inspections. Communicate repair scopes based on best practices. Develop historical mapping of the past and present repairs. (<5%)
- Coordinate flue gas duct work and Baghouse inspections with the Regional Boiler Reliability Engineer. Develop condition assessment reports based on NDE and visual inspections. Communicate repair scopes based on best practices. Develop historical mapping of the past and present repairs (<%5)
- Perform Pressure Part shop QA/QC inspections prior to delivery (5%)
- Provide technical review on boiler and scrubber related Technical Standards, and periodically review and assess compliance by all facilities. (<5%)